Monday, June 7, 2010

Suitcase Returned

Today I had a farewell lunch with Christine and Elena.  It was nice for two reasons, we all worked together last summer, so it was a nice reunion, and secondly because both of them packed their lives into 2 suitcases and moved around the world, just as I'm about to do.

I finally couldn't take it anymore and returned the oversized suitcase.  Everything I read said as long as it was under 50lbs I wouldn't get charged, but the thought of having the chance to return the suitcase and not doing it and than get a $200 oversized luggage fee was just unbearable.  So I ended up getting a hard plastic spring purple spinner case with no outside pockets.  At least this one will by very easy to spot coming off the luggage return instead of the generic black wheely I had before.

As of now all of my clothes are sorted into piles and everything that I'm throwing out is bagged outside waiting to go to the dump.  So now all I need to do is move my furniture (Wednesday), pack everything staying in Virginia, pack everything going to Korea into 2 suitcases and 2 carry-ons, and clean my apartment just a little bit. And then also wash all the bedding and clothing I'm bringing with me.  Oh and clean out my car, which my dad is selling. How sad, I've driven that car 50,000 miles in the last 2 years including to and from Alaska in summer 2008. Which reminds me, I want to keep the license plates off that car.

Is it sad that the hardest part about sensoring what I'm bring with me is how to only pick like 4 pairs of shoes to bring with me!? I own like 20 pairs.

Tomorrow I eat lunch with my sister at Green's Sushi. Never eaten a meal with my sister alone, so this should be fun (long story, 9 year age difference).

Well hopefully I get a lot of stuff done tomorrow!
-Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment