Sunday, June 13, 2010

Made it to Korea!

Left my good friend Julie's apartment in DC at 4:50am with a crap ton of luggage. One bag was 52 lbs, the other 65 lbs.
My flight to Korea had no leg room
...But I did get to see Mt. Rainer (Seattle) from the plane!

My new boss picked my up and had a very cool GPS type device that advised him everytime the speed limit changed, which was like every kilometer almost, and also advised him where the traffic cameras were.
My first meal in Korea was at Lotte Mart - pretty much exactly like Wal-mart
...And it was RAW fish in a bowl with rice and veges. Basically tasted like Sushi in bowl form with no seaweed. Also had miso soup. Which Koreans call soy soup.
And now for some photos of my apartment! (yes! that's a sink/shower combo you see!)

No comments:

Post a Comment