Friday, June 4, 2010

8 or 9ish Days Until Korea

I guess it's only fair to start my blog about Korea -- pre-Korea. So here I go.

From the moment I decided I wanted to teach English in Korea to actually going has been a 3.5 month process. Most of which was waiting for my Virginia criminal background check to come back -- one of the requirements for an E-2 visa in Korea.

But now that I have my visa, a flight to Korea and a school to teach for, everything just kind of seems surreal.

In preparation for Korea, I've done my best to change all of my addresses, since I'm keeping my US cell phone number, I set up a google voice number so that my friends can text me and even call and leave a voicemail, I got rid of my commercial driver's license --just in case I stay in Korea for more than a year, it would really suck to come home to Virginia with an expired license (CDLs must be renewed in person in Virginia, whereas regular driver's licenses can be renewed online), figured out a place to store all of my furniture, and even added a friend to my bank account to help me "manage" funds while I'm gone.

For now I still need to:
Sort through all of my clothes --pile them: Korea, Stay and Trash
Box all of my stuff -- figure out what I can *stand* to be thrown in the trash
Move all of my furniture -- my grandparents were kind enough to let me store things in their basement
Clean my apartment -- this one is not as important as my roommate found someone to take over my lease
Buy some cotton twin sized sheets -- none of this polyester crap for me!


So in other words, I pretty much need to do everything but forward my mail.

And finally, feel free to comment, I will do my best to answer questions about deciding to go to Korea, the E-2 Visa process, choosing a school, contracts, recruiters, etc. you name it.

~Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment