Saturday, June 5, 2010

Goodbye Dan, Hello Over-sized Suitcase!

Today I said goodbye for 10 months to my best friend Dan. I don't leave the states for another week, but he's had a vacation planned to go home to Ohio since before I got my leave date for Korea. But with any luck, Dan will come visit me in Korea next April. Before I took him to the airport, we did some of our favorite things: lunch at Sheetz, window shopping for appliances and electronics, and of course reminiscing about some of our favorite memories -- errrr! table (long story, has to do with a toothless man in a montana bar).

After I dropped Dan off at the airport, I stopped at Ross and found a super-huge samsonite spinner suitcase for $50 (4 wheels). So I bought it, brought it home and discovered that it is 65 linear inches, 3 over the airline requirement of 62 inches. I wonder if anyone will measure!? I frankly have never seen them with measuring sticks at the luggage check-in counter. I mean its a normal shaped suitcase, so maybe they won't notice it's 3 linear inches too big. God I hope I don't get slapped with an over-sized luggage fee! But then again 7200+ cubic inches of packing space is a beautiful thing. Aside from the slightly over-sized normal suitcase, I plan on bringing an over-sized duffle bag. But from what I read, they don't have size requirements for duffle bags. We'll see I guess.

Also stopped by my parents house today. Picked up a few things, and amazingly found my plug adapters from when I studied abroad in 2006. My parents house has a way of swallowing things, it's the reason I went to Ross in the first place. The basement swallowed my old roller duffle bag shaped suitcase.

Okay, time to brew a pot of vinegar, my lack of attention managed to mold the coffee pot.
-Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment