Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vacation time

-Do you always get to travel between cities?
And how much free time do you get usually during the year?

-Well ...
We (artists) are free between cities.It's not really a vacation for us, it's more work time for the technicians to tear down the tent, travel and build it up, again.
And because us, artists don't have to participate in it, we are free for a week.
Yes, usually it takes a full week.

Once a year we get our Annual Leave, what is 2 weeks off, when we get to go home and Cirque pays for it.
For the rest of the year we need to take care of our trips, either if we go home or take a trip somewhere else.

I think we do 6 cities per year, that's the ususal avarage.
So that means 4 times 1 week off and once 2 weeks off.

While we were in Australia I couldn't go home.
First, because my hometown was too far, and it wouldn't make sense to do such a long journey there and back, only for few days.
Second, because it was super expensive and at that time I just couldn't afford it.

Since we are in Europe I do more trips.
Mostly to Hungary and Canada, because of my loved ones.

When I want to save money, I just travel with the circus and stay in the hotel, in the next city.
That's also nice.Cheaper and you get to realx a bit and be a tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment