Thursday, April 8, 2010

Recently asked

Szonja just asked recently:

-How many shows did you miss, and have you ever seen the show.

-So I only seen the show once!
Yes, only once, in Berlin, while my understudy was doing my role.

I only missed the show 6 times, and all of them happened in 2008.
What means, that in 2006., 2007., 2009. and so far 2010. I performed all the shows!!!

First time the took me out of the show while we were in Berlin, because they (artistic director) wanted to see my understuday doing my role (one of the Russian flyers), because he also needs to practice in front of the public!
That time I had to stay backstage, to make sure that if he have some questions he can ask them, and also I made sure that he goes on stage on time.

Second time I was able to watch the show.
It was nice, but weird to see your friends doing somethings, what you are usually the part of.

2 other times I missed the shows, because we had a little accident with Irina during the show (during the part called "Lovers Flight") in Oberhausen.
I don't want to go into deatils.
I injured my shoulder, so that's why I missed 2 shows.

The last 2 times that makes it 6 missed shows) I did not perform, because I got really-really sick in Madrid.Fever, flue, and I also lost my voice.

So that's it so far, and I hope it stops there!

Just to tell you something interesting...

If I am not performing my understudy does my role, but nobody does the net act.
So instead of my act the aerial hopp girl performs her act, and the "Icarus' character watches her act, then the show goes on, the story goes on, the "Bethroted" character comes, the lovers first meet, etc.

But if it's an emergency situation, and it happens last minute (like I would pass out or something, just before the show), they would just skip the net or the hoop act, because there is no time for warm up or technical preparation and they would just simply do the show with my understudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment